My life, my love, my world

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

AS

Changes impact everyone involved...everyone, adult or child. Well, with all the changes recently, with my husband being gone for his training, and the inconsistency of the visits and so on I have seen changes in my son. At first, I was thinking it was purely stress related, as my son is incredibly structure-oriented. As I continue to watch him, and see the changes in him, I am becoming more and more concerned. He is having trouble socializing (he's only 6), he is becoming lethargic, obsessed with the Army, and is changing all the way around. I am so worried about him. His biological father has ADHD and my youngest sister has Autism (severe). Both of these disorders are genetic, and with my son having Austistic spectrum disorders on both sides...the chances are increased. Well, after research (and having worked with disabled children and adults for 7 years) I am afraid my son has Asperger's syndrome. I have done extensive research on this disorder, and have worked one-on-one with children who have it a year back, and all the information I am finding is only making me worry more. At first, I thought he was just struggling to adjust to the changes, and took drastic measures to try to help him adjust (keeping him busy, new activities, family day as often as possible, and so on). Now I am convinced it is more. Each time we go to the park, he struggles to communicate with the other children. He can play with the younger children, but not those his own age. If anyone knows anything about Asperger's Syndrome, please let me know! I want to devour all information so I can prepare myself to help provide the best life possible for my son! I haven't spoken with his pediatrician yet, as we were just there a couple weeks ago. I just want to have all my ducks in a row before going to talk with her...

No comments:

Post a Comment